Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsbiggar

Why is my Tuition/Education amount claimed equal to 0, when I have tuition available to claim (both federal and provincial)?

3 Replies

Why is my Tuition/Education amount claimed equal to 0, when I have tuition available to claim (both federal and provincial)?

The tuition credit is non-refundable, meaning that it can only be used to help lower the amount of tax that you need to pay. It will not create or increase a refund. So you don't owe anything, then the tuition credit will not be applied to your return. 

bsbiggar

I do owe!!!

First, please verify that you followed these steps to enter your tuition claim as per our TurboTax FAQ: How do I claim my tuition fees?

If this has not corrected the issue, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help you. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.