Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raver555

2012 thru 2022 Turbo tax Disc install error tt811

Currently backchecking older returns starting with 2012 return.Have original disc and serial number.After install, when opening tt2012 return, program says needs to update before opening file. However update produces tt811 error code.  Where can i locate theese updates manually for this starting  2012 year to current....thanks

5 Replies

Unfortunately we no longer support TurboTax CD/Download for years before 2016. 

For 2016 and later, the software should automatically check for updates when you start it. If the software is having problems updating, you can uninstall & reinstall it using the download on our website here:  Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

raver555

So currently cannot even open 2016 tax files after install as the program cannot update.Ive kept original cds and keys for years incase i needed to go back and redo any returns.So are all my install discs from 2012 to 2022 gonna be useless.I need a a link to download the update files....

We no longer have separate update files. If TurboTax doesn't automatically update, then the solution is to just uninstall and reinstall the software. If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

And yes, the CDs are kind of useless - they are made before the software is released in December, and so don't have the weekly updates that happen between December and the end of tax season in April, or any other updates that come after tax season.

raver555

Question.  On my 2021 return I failed to enter the home energy costs. Can I gop back and claim them now and will it make any significant change..  Thanks for you help   

I don’t know if it will make a big difference, but you can go back and add the expense. This TurboTax FAQ tells you how you can change your filed return: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-return-amendment/help/i-have-filed-my-tax-return-...