Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dimag2897
Returning Member

2019 Tax return

I filed my tax return and was charged for the file now I find out the CRA is down till Feb.24th what happens to my return.  Does is sit here then I try and refile at the end of Feb. or do you do it automatically?  Thank you

3 Replies

2019 Tax return

Hi, thank you for using Intuit TurboTax Live community

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) closed their net-filing service January 17, 2020. If you filed the return to CRA on or before that date and CRA gave a confirmation number, CRA will process the return and no further action for that filing is required.

Between January 18 and February 23, CRA is conducting their annual system maintenance and no filings for T1 or refiling for T1 are excepted during the maintenance period. Returns will be accepted again for T1 filing on February 24,2020; this will include filing for a 2019 T1 return. 

You can log into my account at CRA to check the status of the filing. Also, CRA can be reached by phone at 1-800-959-8281 if you have questions about the return you filed,  ( have your return handy to help identify yourself to CRA when you call.)

Hope this help

2019 Tax return

I paid for turbo tax and I thought submitted to CRA on Feb. 14 2020. I went to the CRA web page and they have not received my 2019 return? When I log into Turbtax I open at a 2018 return, what is going on?

2019 Tax return

@ian oglesby  Please make sure that when you login that you are at our 2019 website here: https://ww2.2019.turbotaxonline.intuit.ca/

You would have gotten a NETFILE confirmation number if the CRA had received your return. However, NETFILE didn’t open until February 24, 2020, so nothing sent before that time would have been received. You’ll need to submit your return now that NETFILE is open.

This FAQ tells you how to submit your tax return to CRA using the NETFILE service in TurboTax Online: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/federal-taxes-netfile/help/in-the-online-edition-of-t...