Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 standard edition opens a blank screen

The application opens a blank screen, I've tried all compabilility options and running it as administrator and it still just opens a blank screen.

90 Replies

Is it the licence screen that appears blank? If so, try using the tab key or the arrow keys to get into the code entry area. Type in the code and press the enter key.

The license screen doesn't even load it's just an empty white box.  Hitting the tab and the arrow keys does nothing.

My computer is running Windows 11 Home version 23H2.

Try changing the scaling settings of Windows to 100% if it's not already set to that. You can also try setting your screen resolution to 800 x 600, enter the licence, and then change the screen back to normal.

That also doesn't fix the issue, it's still just a blank white box.

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 (Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM ET) as they will be able to assist you further.

Seriously!!!   I work Monday-Friday and I'm NOT home between 9am-6pm, so you literally provide zero support!  Looks like I'll have to find another way to do my taxes this year!  I've been buying TurboTax for several years and never had this problem before!  Your 2023 version is garbage!

Did you buy your TurboTax Download at a retail store? Could you try to uninstall the program completely, clear your cache and restart your computer before reinstalling the software?

Thank you for your patience.

None of your suggestions worked and I found my own solution!  In the compatibility settings I had to override the DPI scaling for the system.

Thank you for your feedback- and glad you got it to work.