Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessing the user interface to "supporting information"

I use BOTH TT Canada Standard (desktop)  and TurboTax US Deluxe (desktop)  for my filing requirements.  Since TT Canada uses the same interface as TT US why is there no "Add supporting information" option available in TT Canada.  will this feature be available in updated versions?  If there is now, how do I access it?.  this feature becomes important to  make notes as to what currency exch rate is used and its source when converting  dollars in either the Canadian or the US program.  

3 Replies

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team. Unfortunately, there is no connection between the Canadian software and US software at this moment. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I am not wanting to connect the Canadian and US versions of TT.  I only wished to indicate that the US version is more advanced and robust the Canadian version.  The US version DOES supply another screen when right cliked to enter supporting information about the selected cell.  I have just recently had this experience......All entries on a Canadian tax return must be entered in Canadian currency.   I have one T5 from Canadian bank issued on a US dollar account for 105.09 USD earned interest.   Using the 2022 average Bank of Canada currency conversion rate (1.301 calculated outside of the program since no function provided within the program) the amount to be entered on the federal slip would be 136.75.  If I needed to review this return in six months or two years  there is no way these two figures relate.  There is no indication on the slip entry screen why the numbers differ. There is no indication on the slip entry screen indicating the 136.75 is in a converted Canadian currency from the T5 which provides the actual earned foreign currency.   There is no entry point on the T5 slip entry screen to record the exchange rate in use on this entry  (like the Foreign Income slip entry screen).   Please don't offer the solution to "just use the line at 'source country' " since that would be false and still not provide information about how & why the numbers differ from one another.  This poor programming and needs to be addressed immediately ☹️ by the software development team.  😫

We appreciate your feedback, We will send your request to our team to review. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.