Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation unsuccessful (unable to communicate with server)

i brought this turbotax premier 2019 from costco, everytime when i try to activate it with the installation key code it shows a massage activation unsuccessful (unable to communicate with server). i am using a win7 computer, and i shut off the firewall when i was doing this. Any solution for this?

7 Replies

Thank you for your patience. The issue with installing on Windows 7 has been resolved. Please retry downloading your copy of TurboTax by selecting your version from this FAQ : https://bit.ly/39nzYiL

nebkkl

I bought the program at Staples.  I am using windows 10 which is the program the disk is for.  The input information and code is ok but will not allow the installation to proceed.

nebkkl

the activation is not working the installation is complete but I do not know if I can file without it.

I brought turbotax standard  2019 from costco.  When I  try to activate it with the installation key code it shows a massage activation unsuccessful (unable to communicate with server). I am using a win 10 computer.  I called the support.  The turbotax support agent have used the GlanceGuestSetup_4.8.1 which I downloaded at the turbotax support’s instruction. The  agent could view my computer desktop with GlanceGuestSetup_4.8.1, although “unable to communicate with server” was reported by the turbotax.  It looks that my computer and internet are ok, and the issue is either with turbotax server or turbotax software.     The issue have still not been resolved!

We're sorry to hear you are having this issue. To help you we will need more information. Therefore, could you please meet us by private message on Facebook or Twitter to see how we can help you further?

I sent message to your twitter account on Apr 14, 2020.  I have not yet received any feedback.

Can you please try once again to activate your 2019 TurboTax software, Thank you!

Please make sure that you have updated your Windows 7 to the final version of it to see if it will work.

Make sure you have a good internet connection