Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbrydson

Anyone having problems with 2023 version not saving your info?

my issue was a 1603 fatal error when updating TT .     i ran TT as Admin and it worked fine (or else they fixed the bug today!)

Thank you for the update and happy you're on your way to filing your return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

RevBaker

Go to Windows SETTINGS

In FIND A SETTING box type CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS

Select it.

Turn it off.

I hate Win 10. Probably Win 11 too but we'll never know as I'm switching to Linux....😎

Thank you for the update and feedback, we appreciate it.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

caren1

I have a similar problem. I keyed in a long list of medical expenses but Turbo Tax messed them up. Some are missing and they are not in chronological order which is how I entered them. The totals are wrong. I am reluctant to re-enter them in case they get messed up again. I need a fix for this!!!

RevBaker

Are you saying you can't save your file or that it won't save it the way you input the data.

@caren1 Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

Did you start the TT under "administrator"  ?

I have not had any issues  so far since I made the  changes noted above

I am using the dowmloaded Standard version of TT

@lyndatoneri Good to hear. Let us know if you have any further issues.

Ron_Crum

I am furious with TurboTax.  I downloaded it and ran it.  Got completely finished with the return after downloading lots of data from brokerages, banks, etc. and TT would not save the data!  No error code.  Just said check the file and try again.  

So I came here and saw where I need to run it as Administrator!  Why did TT not tell me this?  Huh?  So I ran it as administrator, but this time I was smart: I tried saving all the data shortly after starting the return.  And the SAVE function worked!  No error codes!  Yippee!   Alas, I was exuberant way too soon.  After saving, I went through the re-downloading of the bank and brokerage data and finished up the return, so I tried to SAVE it.  SAME ERROR again.  I think that when I downloaded the data from the various brokerages and banks, it “lost” my administrator privileges somewhere in the swapping out.

So I redid the return a third time.  This time, I saved the return on a thumbdrive, my only option since TT bellyached about my harddrive.  Then moved the file to my harddrive manually as a workaround.  It is an ugly solution but works for me.