Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Fill My Return doesn't work. I can log in the CRA website and download the slips, but when it imports, I got the "Oops, we encountered an error" screen.

Please go to your MyAccount at the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and sign in and keep the account opened to then return to your return and try again.

If you are using the CD, please make sure that your updates have been done.

If you are in Easy Step mode please go to Income & Expenses in the left menu and under that click on Import Tax Data from CRA.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Auto-Fill My Return doesn't work. I can log in the CRA website and download the slips, but when it imports, I got the "Oops, we encountered an error" screen.

That area is greyed out and not an option

its fully updated 

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line. If a resolution is not found, please ask for an escalation to investigate the issue.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I encountered this issue, too! I have a lot of T5008 Securities slips, and the TurboTax Assistants recommended I try to download them instead of typing them in (after I had typed many of them, but not all). 

When I tried to download my T-slips,  it connected to CRA but  resulted in an error, and no slips downloaded. My husband works in tech, and helped me try to troubleshoot.

We noted that My CRA required him to authorize me as his CRA Authorized Representative to get access to any information with his SIN. Once this process was complete in the CRA site, we could access information for both of us. TurboTax did not download any slips. 

I typed in pages of T5008 slips into Capital Gains, and found TurboTax would not generate enough lines to be able to enter them all. I deleted almost all of them, and entered a summary of the rest.

We have not been able to download ANY T-slips from the CRA through TurboTax.

@CannyGranny Unfortunately, if you have too many slips to auto-fill, there is no way to reduce the amount of slips that TurboTax tries to pull in to stop the error. So, you will have to enter your other slips manually.