Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find previous return

When I go into my account for 2021 and click access previously processed returns it does not show up. I know it was processed as I spoke with the expert and confirmed everything and received the money from the government that I was owed. However, when I go into my account it instead gives me the opportunity to continue that tax return and when I go into the documents for it I can see the tax return file. But when I download it it instead has me download a .21t file that I can not open. I can't convert the file and my computer can not find a file that can open the file. It still will not show if I log into the most current version either.

9 Replies

Please send me a copy of my 2022 returm. My computer crashed and I lost my copy!

THANK YOU!!!

@tailoredcrow Did you use TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online in 2022?

Yes I did, Thank you!

Which TurboTax did you use- TurboTax Online or TurboTax download?

If TurboTax is online- your copy should have been saved. Sign in here to get to your TurboTax 2022 tax return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Jgale08

I can see the tax return for 2023 in the summary counter but it does not show up on the open screen.  I need to make changes and it’s know where to be found

@Jgale08 Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

Thanks for the follow-up!

I have solved the problem & submitted my return to the CRA!

Dave Cooper

LeeAyer

Each year i have used Turbotax, I installed with the CD. This year I installed online.

I can find 3 tax returns from 2022, but I am missing 3 others

We can certainly do our best to help you locate it. First, please clear your cache/cookies, sign out of your account then restart your computer. You can try entering your account for your 2022 returns by using our TurboTax link.

If you used our TurboTax Online - you will need to sign back into your Online Account using the same credentials you used to complete your return. Please follow this next TurboTax FAQ link to answer a few questions: Where do I find a copy of my filed return in TurboTax Online?   

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.