Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Download Data from MY Account .

Yes as soon as we have steps for you we will post them here. Another client is telling us that the CRA IT helped them change settings in their MyAccount to fix the issue and we are awaiting those steps if possible.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

ERR.021 can only be resolved by Revenue Canada Technical Resource staff (i.e. you cannot fix this issue  yourself in My Account.). Here are the steps:

1. Call Revenue Canada at [phone number removed].
  2. Select Option 1 (questions and issues pertaining to My Account). This will take you to a technical resource.
  3. Indicate that you are receiving ERR.021 when you try to transfer data from My Account into Turbotax.
  4. Indicate that other individuals have indicated that this issue is caused by: "web services are not turned on".  
  5. Revenue Canada will ask you to confirm your identity by asking for your SIN; bank account data; or have other questions to confirm that you are who you say that you are.
  6. Wait on the line while they have a look at your account. 
  7. The HelpDesk  staff will either resolve, or he/she will transfer you to a more senior resource depending on their knowledge of this issue.
  8. Once your Web Services Flag has been turned on, if you wish, the HelpDesk staff will wait while you go into Turbotax and access the function to "Import Tax Data from CRA". 

In summary, this issue can be readily resolved by Revenue Canada Technical resource staff simply by "turning on"  a flag on MY Account  to allow for the transfer of data from MY Account into Turbotax.

I think I found the reason for ERR.021   I get this error when I try to sign in with my bank account info.  I've been trying all day long.  But first time I try to download T4 for my wife with her bank account info, worked right away.  The only difference : I have a 2-step-verification security activated on my account that I cannot deactivate.  My wife has not.  So it look like the 2-step-verification is messing up the loggin into my CRA account.  Can you fix this?

@ddumouli8833125 Try logging into your CRA account first, and then start the auto-fill process. If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

I tried to log in CRA first, but get error message : "

Forbidden

You are not authorized to view this page. "

This feature is not working well, i'm dissapointed.  I will fill the forms by hand!

Thanks.

As per the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Preparing a tax return for a family member or a friend

Individuals can also use Auto-fill my return on behalf of a family member. If you prepare a tax return for a family member or a friend, you need to:

• be authorized by your family member or friend to use Auto-fill my return on their behalf. You will need a RepID, which you can get through the Represent a Client portal. The RepID identifies you with the CRA.
  • give your RepID to your family member or friend so they can authorize you as their representative through their My Account. For more information on authorizing a representative, go to Authorize or cancel a representative.
  • once you are authorized, you can use Auto-fill my return to access their tax information and file a return for them.

Each individual should enter their own CRA user ID and password to use this service. Auto-fill my return can be used for the current tax filing year plus the previous six tax years.

kiki20221

I got the same error Er 21 when trying to download my spouse tax information using Turbo tax ( it is fine to access the CRA account outside Turbo tax). 

Does my spouse has to contact CRA for the error? Thanks

@kiki20221 Try logging into your spouse's CRA account first, and then start the auto-fill process. 

kiki20221

A lot of persons have done this way and the issue is still existed, even having a different error  such as “forbidden error” including myself

Another client contacted the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and informed us:  "If "web services" in not turned on within MY Account, you will receive an error message and you will not be able to download the data.  I did spend about 30 minutes (once I spoke to a live CRA agent) for them to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.  I tried it while she was on the phone and the transfer took less than a minute."

You may wish to contact the CRA by calling them at 1-800-959-8281.