Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julia6092

Cannot sign up to IDnotify - Error THL02

Hello,

I purchased the premium Turbo Tax account. I received an email telling me to register my IDnotify account.

I tried to sign up to it.

All my information was correct, but when I clicked on "create account", it showed me the error message "Error THL02 - sorry, we cannot process your request at this time. Please contact us at [phone number removed] for assistance."

I called the number and was told I have to talk to Turbo Tax support instead. I cannot find a phone number or email anywhere to receive help. How/where can I receive the help I need? Please do not give me a Facebook link, as I do not have a Facebook account.

Thank you

11 Replies

For more assistance with this issue, please contact us by phone.

To talk to our phone support team, visit https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/. After entering some basic info about what you need help with, the page will give you the phone number for the team best suited to help.

I had the same issue in 2020, which led to several hours being bumped back and forth between TurboTax and IDNotify, each claiming it was the other's fault. I now I have the same issue in 2021. IDNotify has zero customer support and don't seem to care to resolve the underlying database sync issue with their website. Not exactly the kind of company I'd want to trust for ID defence and notification, given that they cannot even get their login portal working — two years in a row. I will be calling TurboTax and asking (again) for a full refund of Premium. This is a paid service and I expect it to work. TurboTax should also not be working with a third-party company that cannot deliver on their products — otherwise it's a SCAM.

I just called customer service. They don't even know what ID Notify is, cannot figure out which department to send me to, and keep asking if I want to talk to the Audit Defence Team.

If this is the customer service TT provides at this level, I am beginning to wonder if I should be paying for any kind of audit defence at all from TT. Not exactly confidence inspirig.

Called back to customer service, this time, managed to get someone who knows what ID Notify is, they reached out to their team and are processing a refund. Will report back once it come through. However, it looks like I might lose access to Audit Defence, even though I want to keep that, but be refunded for ID Notify not working. Sadly, given this has happened two years in a row, I probably won't pay for Premium going forward. This issue should've been fixed last year, and Intuit / TT is well aware of it.

I have the EXACT same issue and it's 2022. Tried both Turbotax and IDNotify but didn't get help from either calls 😛

whattt

I am having the exact same error, and it's 2022, can't believe this is happening to an Identity protection company. If they can't even figure this out, how can they protect our identity? 

@whattt Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

SaschaP

Same issue. My account is lock and neither IDnotify neither turbotax was able to help me unlock my account…

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.