Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot submit a second tax return

I purchased from Costco and did my own tax return on my PC. We then downloaded the program onto a Ukrainian newcomers PC so he could do his own taxes. Everything was fine until we tried to submit the return. It goes to the CRA WEBSITE but just times out. I think we have to pay for each return submitted but didn’t see a place in the program to do this. Help!

13 Replies

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, then you can install the program onto 3 different computers using the same license. The license is good for however many returns came with the version of TurboTax CD/Download that you purchased, regardless of it you installed the program on 1 or 2 or 3 computers. So, you should not have to pay again, unless you have used up all your returns.

NETFILE is a free service provided by the CRA, you don't have to pay for that, just for the software. If NETFILE is timing out, then please make sure that you don't have any anti-virus or security software that is blocking TurboTax from properly communicating with the CRA's NETFILE servers. 

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

Thanks very much. We will try checking the virus checker. 

We still cannot submit the tax return even after removing anti virus  software. When we called the turbo tax number, it’s impossible to speak with an agent. They just referred me back to this community page. Please help,us to resolve this issue. 

Still not resolved! We tried to remove anti virus software and still no way to submit return. Also, when calling the number you provided, it’s impossible to speak with an agent. I was referred back to this community for help. Please help us to resolve this issue. 

Is it possible that your internet connection is not strong, which would make it time out? 

Do you have another computer that you can download it on and try again?

No, we have tried in two different locations and it will not work. 

You may wish to review this Windows 10 and Windows 11 in S mode FAQ.

To reach someone at our telephone support number, when the message asks if you would like to receive an email, say NO, then say "speak to a representative" and hold the line. If the issue is not resolved, please ask for an escalation to have this investigated.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I tried that yesterday but the BOT kept taking me in circles. Will try again .

Let us know if you were able to speak to one of our phone agents.