Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam155

Carrying charges, support and other in Deductions summary is wrongly filled with CERB repayment amount from T4E

Turbotax online is automatically filling the "Carrying charges, support and other" in Deductions Summary page. I noticed that this amount is coming from the T4E Box 30 "Total Repayment".

What Repayment has to do with"Carrying charges, support and other"? Seems to be a bug in turbotax software? 

I checked on CRA website "Carrying charges, support and other" is line 22100 on tax form.

Whereas Service Canada has specifically asked to enter the CERB repayment amount on line 23210. Unfortunately, in the online version there seems to be no way of editing the form directly. Any ideas on how to overcome this issue?

3 Replies

Carrying charges, support and other in Deductions summary is wrongly filled with CERB repayment amount from T4E

Please follow the steps below to correct this error in your return.

To add your repayment to line 23210 in your Online software, please go to your menu on the left side: 

1. Click on Income then T-Slips.
  2. Click on T4E Employment Insurance Benefits.
  3. Click on Edit beside your T4E already entered.
  4. You need to click on YES and enter your amount from box 30 as seen in the image below.
  5. Click on Done With T4E to save your changes.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

sam155

Thank you for taking time to answer but my T4E form in turbotax online is already filled exactly the same way you mentioned.
Why the amount in T4E line 30 “Total Repayment” is showing in  Deductions Summary Carrying charges, support and other"?

@sam155 Yes, this is an error on the Deductions Summary that we have reported to the product development team. If you check your Detailed Summary, you'll see that the CERB repayment is on line 23210 only.