Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Novascotia15
Returning Member

Children’s Sports and Arts Tax Credit

Hi,

I am using the TurboTax Deluxe 2023 online, I have 3 children which I added as dependents. When going into the other deductions I am not prompted to enter the Children's Sports and Arts Tax Credits of 500$ per child.  How do I add this tax credit to my application?

Thank you

9 Replies
Novascotia15
Returning Member

Nevermind i found it - its not intuitive though should be clearer in the options available

Logan_12

Could you post where you found it? I am having the same issue, and it is NOT intuitive. I get a warning saying that I might be eligible for it, but I am not given any options to claim it.

@Novascotia15 

@Logan_12 

In TurboTax Online, choose Deductions > Claim Dependant Credits from the left side menu ≡.

In TurboTax CD/Download Easy Step mode the Nova Scotia Children's Sports and Arts Credit is under Dependant Credits. If you are using Forms mode in TurboTax CD/Download, it’s on the bottom half of the Dependant pop-up screen.

Which credit does it go under? It is not clear:

Which credits do you want to claim or edit?

Transfer my child's tuition and education amounts

Disability amount transfer

Amount for an eligible dependant

Canada Caregiver Amount (including caregiver amount and amount for an infirm dependant)

Adoption expenses

@meaghan9391 You will not see the credit if you are not in Nova Scotia (or another province with a similar credit).  If you were a resident of Manitoba at the end of the year; and you were between 18 and 24 years old, then the credit will be in the Provincial section for you to claim for yourself.

MishaM

I believe fitness and arts credits are no longer available in Ontario. Can somebody confirm>

You are correct, the Children’s Activity Tax Credit in Ontario stopped being available in 2016.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I believe my file is glitching. I should be eligible for the Children’s Sports and Arts Tax Credit but it isn't showing in the list even though I am a resident of Nova Scotia.

xe

Any suggestions on how to rectify this without having to restart my taxes completely 

@frederickgp7 Are you looking in the right place? In TurboTax Online, the Nova Scotia Children’s Sports and Arts Tax Credit can be found by choosing Deductions > Claim Dependant Credits from the left side menu ≡.