Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
longshanks
Returning Member

Climate action incentive

So as I read the current rules for 2021 tax year as I live in Saskatchewan the incentive should be added to my tax rebate. I have filled out my return and my sons and turbo tax does not add the climate action incentive to our rebate. Am I reading the new rules wrong or is turbo tax not up to date yet. 

3 Replies

Climate action incentive

When you tell TurboTax that you live in a province that has the Climate Action Incentive (CAI), then that is added to the return when you enter the province. The amount may be removed or increased depending on the information that you add to the return, but it can also stay the same, which is why you may not see a change to your refund.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

longshanks
Returning Member

Climate action incentive

Interesting, I have added all of my information correctly however the climate action incentive does not add to my refund or the other returns I am completing for my sone and his wife. As we live in Saskatchewan it should add on. A glitch in turbo tax perhaps

Climate action incentive

As of tax year 2021, the Climate Action Incentive will no longer be part of your tax return. If you are eligible based on the new requirements, you will receive the amount as part of your GST payment from the CRA.