Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArieFran

Country Codes on T1135

On Schedule T1135 I am required to enter Country Codes It accepts USA but for United Kindom the code GB produces an error when I submit for netfiling. Even when I exit netfile and correct the code in the main programm and then try netfile it will not accept the GB code for Unitred Kindom

4 Replies

Country Codes on T1135

Can you please provide more information about your problem? What is the exact error message that you are getting? Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

ArieFran

Country Codes on T1135

In filling out form T1135 I entered a wrong country code when I corrected this on my wife's return everything seemed OK. When I went to net file her return I received an error message telling me that I had to have a correct country code and it showed the previously entered incorrect code. When I corrected this on the review screen it continued to present an error message, this time without a code. no matter what I did I could not get the corrected codes to register. I saved the return, got out of the software and opened it again and it still would not accept the corrected codes. (I am using the downloaded version in forms mode.) 

gorj7156
Returning Member

Country Codes on T1135

From my banking institution I was provided to enter Other on some investments for the Country Code. The Canada Revenue Agency states to use OTH for Other for form T1135.

When I am trying to enter OTH as a Country Code in Turbotax, it is blocking me from Netfiling, as it says it is not a valid country code, which is okay with Canada Revenue Agency for the purposes of T1135.

How can I correct for this in Turbotax 2022 as I would like to Netfile form T1135. 

Country Codes on T1135

@ArieFran @gorj7156 In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.