Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cra netfile does not accept returns, says access codes do not match information. They worked fine last year.

4 Replies

cra netfile does not accept returns, says access codes do not match information. They worked fine last year.

Try using the access code from your Notice of Assessment (NOA) received in 2021. 

NOTE: This is an optional field that doesn't need to be filled out for you to successfully NETFILE. However, should you choose to enter this code, it must match what the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has on file. After five unsuccessful attempts to enter the code, your account will be locked for security purposes, and you'll be given an error message with information to contact the CRA.

For further details, please visit our TurboTax FAQ: What is the NETFILE Access Code (NAC), and how do I use it?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

Thank you, I finally solved the problem.

I'm having the same issue. How did you solve the problem? I went back to my Notice of Assessment last year to make sure that I was using the correct Access Code and it won't work. 

@winbuckfunk You can try filing without the access code, as it's not mandatory.