Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Electchicken
Returning Member

digital news tax credit

Hello!

I have been trying every possible way to find the solution to not being able to enter the Digital news tax amount on line 31350.

So far I have seen others with the same question but no answer from Turbo Tax on how to resolve this!

In your information it states enter the amount directly on line 31350, BUT the form will not accept any input on that line!

Please reply with the solution.  I am using the Turbo Tax Standard disc edition.

Thanks,  Ken Marshall

5 Replies

digital news tax credit

Please make sure that your copy of TurboTax CD/Download is up to date.

A work around for this is issue is to go into EasyStep Mode by clicking the EasyStep icon on the blue icon bar. Then, on the left side menu, please select Deductions > Payments Profile > Digital News Subscription to enter your amount for that credit. You can then go back to Forms Mode by clicking the Forms icon on the blue icon bar.

If you are still having issues, please contact our phone support for further assistance. You can get the correct number by using this form: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

symtax41

digital news tax credit

Same issue as Ken Marshall as to where to enter digital tax info as it shows on tax summary but no place to enter. I just recently downloaded turbo tax for current year so no changes as I see. 

jx594

digital news tax credit

I have been having the same problem.  I have the download version of 2021.  Line 31350 is locked.  It also seems that the override is locked and even if it weren't it would disqualify me from NetFile.  Also that non refundable tax credit doesn't show up in Easy Step.  Will the problem be solved in an upcoming update before tax filing deadlines?

digital news tax credit

@jx594 Please try clicking into another editable box such as Line 31270, and then use the TAB key on your keyboard to move down the boxes until your cursor goes into Line 31350. Then you can enter your amount. 

To enter the amount in EasyStep mode, please select Deductions > Payments Profile from the left side menu. There you can check off the option for the Digital news subscription. Click the Continue button until you get to the "Digital news subscription tax credit" page.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

digital news tax credit

Painful to have to go through the Easy Step method when you are using Forms.  Unable to enter the amount on line 31350 directly - used the Easy Step and it did allow the entry.

Thought TurboTax was more "professional", I've used this for many years but each year there are more problems creeping in...