Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does TurboTax provide Canadian non-resident filing services for 2022?

I tried going through the different TurboTax Live product options, and they either didn't let me choose the service due to non-residency, or prompts me to add addresses only restricted to Canadian addresses.

I'm not sure how to proceed; does this mean the TurboTax Live services are not available in non-resident tax filings?

I live in the USA, have rental property & rental income in Canada, along with some interest income with a T4 slip of a low $ amount from the beginning of 2022.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You can still use the software without getting the Tax Expert services. Though please note that you need a Canadian or US credit card to pay, unless you are using the mobile app. The mobile app lets you use Google Pay or Apple Pay (based on your OS).

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Yes, TurboTax Live services (Full Service & Assist & Review) are not available in non-resident tax filings.

Does TurboTax provide any (other) services for non-resident tax filing?

You can still use the software without getting the Tax Expert services. Though please note that you need a Canadian or US credit card to pay, unless you are using the mobile app. The mobile app lets you use Google Pay or Apple Pay (based on your OS).

I am a recently retired Non Resident of Canada living in the USA with a Canadian Pension annuity and CPP- do i need to file a T1 NR? my understanding is that under the tax treaty CPP is not taxed and my pension is taxed at source, therefore no taxes are owed.

Depending on your amount of pension please see the information provided by the CRA. It might be worth doing a selection under section 217,

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.