Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
o3hasibeder
Returning Member

Error code 603 - not allowing 3rd computer

Just purchased TurboTax 2020 Standard Edition (for up to 8 returns). I installed it successfully on computers 1 and 2, but when I tried entering my license code on computer number 3, it give error code 603 saying license is only valid for 3 computers! Why can't I use it on the 3rs computer when I'm allowed 3?

5 Replies

For more assistance with this issue, please contact us by phone. To talk to our phone support team, visit https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/ . After entering some basic info about what you need help with, the page will give you the phone number for the team best suited to help.

ddhyy61
Returning Member

I got the same issue

Bob Brown

I am in disbelief at the ridiculously poor service of Turbo Tax for Business 2020.  I went to support chat and got a ticket number, then waited several minutes to speak to a human.  I pointed out that the software has asked me over and over again to input the key, that it now says I have registered it on five computers, and that in actuality it has only been installed on one computer.  One.  EVER.

The Turbo Tax Support team told me that Turbo Tax Business is "Self Support".  They refused to even TRY to help me.  This is INTUIT.  UNREAL.

As I write this, it is 5 days till the tax deadline, and all my work is locked up inside a software bug.  I will have to purchase the software again for $140 plus tax if I want to file.  Terrible customer service.  Simply awful.  Couldn't be worse.  It will be a cold day in hell before I use Turbo Tax again after this year, and I am already planning to move BOTH my installs of Intuit Payroll to another company.  I have NEVER had a national vendor spit in my face this way.  

I had completed our Turbo Tax for Business file for our 2021 Corporate tax return, but we were busy in the Fall and are now trying to file the return. The computer died last month and we have removed the hard drive and have access to the files through an extrenal hard drive, but when we use the key code it says we only have access to one computer. We are using the hard drive from the original computer, but the install sees it as a new computer. How do we get around this without having to purchase another key code; especially since we have never filed the tax return.

You will need to reach out to our Intuit Profile team who deals with TurboTax Business INC. https://profile.intuit.ca/support/en-ca/

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.