Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code keeps appearing saying CRA having technical difficulties

I have attempted to send my return this evening twice but says CRA having technical difficulties this has never happened to me using turbo tax ....what do I do it says I only have 5 attempts is this accurate is CRA down ?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

CRA's NETFILE service is experiencing very high volumes and may not be able to accept your return right now.

These errors won't count against your 5 attempts, but we recommend waiting at least 15-20 minutes before trying again, with the hope that their system will stabilize by then.

View solution in original post

21 Replies

CRA's NETFILE service is experiencing very high volumes and may not be able to accept your return right now.

These errors won't count against your 5 attempts, but we recommend waiting at least 15-20 minutes before trying again, with the hope that their system will stabilize by then.

memnoch66

I get the same and haven't been able to file for days

We're seeing NETFILE submissions going through again... please give it a try!

ralphff79

I just tried filing my 2017 & 2018 returns and keep getting this error? Any idea what is causing this? I checked the CRA's website and don't see any reference to technical difficulties right now.

Thanks

LDW

I don't think that is it. I have tried 3 times over two hours. I also spent an hour waiting to talk to the CRA who indicated nothing about high volumes. I spoke to their tech department too and was advised that they have seen no attempts from me to file meaning that the problem is with Turbotax. They also recommended updating to ensure the software wasn't holding old data. That didn't work either.

LDW

Nope. Still not working Tara. Every year there are problems with Turbotax. Please just get a patch so we can all stop wasting our time.

BT6

Experiencing the same issue. This is a turbotax problem. please fix it ASAP

I tried to submit with Simpletax, Turbo Tax, H&R Block submitter and all gave the same message after my wife's and daughters worked fine. All three submitted within three minutes.  Spent over an hour on the phone with CRA as it must be a CRA problem. CRA suggested submitting from Cell Data not from WIFI. Didn't work.  Checked all information from my CRA file compared to my filing file and name, DOB etc all right.  This is not a Turbo Tax issue. CRA told me to try again and if it doesn't work by next week to call back.  How about fix the problem being that there is more than one person affected or let me just FAX my return in.... Interesting reads though especially those of us who spent time on the phone with resource I/T people to try and fix it. 

"The Canada Revenue Agency was unable to process your return at this time. The Netfile transmission service may be closed for scheduled maintenance. "

@LDW  @BT6   @JKoberinski  - There was some CRA maintenance going on yesterday (Feb 24th,2020) so I will ask you all to try again. 

If the issue persists, please reply to this thread with what exact error you are getting while attempting to file, what operating system you are running as well as ensuring you have the most updated version of the software (save your tax return, close your software completely and reopen it, if it needs updates it will prompt for them, if you have already updated it then X out of the update box), please. Thank you!