Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kitkat68

Error message which will not clear.

I continue to get the following Error message "You have reported the sale of your principal residence, but the entry at field 17900 on Schedule 3 has more than one option...."  when I click to fix the next screen message is 

"You have reported the sale of your principal residence(s), but the entry at field 17900 on Schedule 3 has more than one option checked, has the wrong option checked or is missing."

However, I have only selected one option; it is the correct option and it is not missing.  I contacted Product Support who gave me incorrect info.   CRA - Netfile will not accept my submission because of the Error code. I have never had issues with Turbo Tax before but my patience is about to run out.  Can anyone provide me with the "fix" for this?  thanks

5 Replies

Please clear your cache, sign out of your return then restart your computer. You may wish to try a different browser. If help is still needed please contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I have the exact same problem. This is preventing me from Netfiling. This is a Turbotax software problem.

@johnarnold99 Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

I had the same problem and called TurboTax.  The agent Sylvie F. solved my problem, but I cannot confirm how.  I believe it was solved by somehow presenting me with a prompt in which I confirm husband and wife were co-owners of the sale of the principal residence.  TurboTax had never presented me with that page.  We were on the phone for a couple of hours, so I do not have simple procedure.  This all started with my trying to fix a problem yesterday and realized I did not have the cost and selling price, so had to leave things in limbo until I got the numbers today.  But it took Sylvie a couple of hours to get to the point that there were no outstanding fixes required to enable NetFile.  Hopefully they will fix TurboTax soon.  This feature will be used a lot.  

Thank you for the update and feedback. We appreciate it.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.