Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chuck6827

Error When Installing TurboTax2022 Standard

I have tried a number of times to Install TurboTax 2022 Standard as Administrator.  Download the software, Winzip Self-extractor, extract Turbotax2022.msi, prepare install, Software License Accept Terms, the Install screen comes up, installing, green bar half way, then receive Error 2203 - "The Process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file".  I have stopped Virus control software, rebooted machine, deleted and downloaded the software multiple times.  Does anyone of any further suggestions.

11 Replies

Here is a YouTube link that may be of help: FIX The Process Cannot Access the File Because It Is Being Used by Another Process

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Chuck6827

The video was not helpful.  This did not resolve my issue of trying to install the software TurboTax2022.exe  If I don't get help tomorrow when I call the support number I want my money back.  I have been buying Intuit tax software since 1994.  I have never had the issues of installing or getting help like I have this year.  I am very disappointed and I will be letting my family and friends know.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

tommkos

When I try to open TurboTax 2022 Standared I get following message:

Hmmm.... It looks like we've hit slight snug.

Please try again or check back in a bit

Try again.

when I click try again nothingh happen

@tommkos Please try reinstalling the program using the download from our website. It will not delete any of your saved returns.

If you re still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 (Monday to Sunday, 9 AM to midnight EST from February 20 to May 1) for more help.

tommkos

Thanks, I will try but does it matter because I use CD version so will security key work if I download.

The key works whether you use the download or the CD.

The CD was made last year and there have been many updates and bug fixes since then. The download has the most current version of the program.

tommkos

Yes but it ask me to pay $37.99 I just purchased CD don't want to pay again for online version

Please use this link to download the program without paying for it again: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/turbotax-support/en-ca/help-article/download-products/download-...