Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time filing income tax

I am helping my granddaughter file her income tax for the first time and the program keeps setting up a farming summary.  She has 2 T4's, that's it!  No farming income.  No matter how many times I delete the whole tax return and start again, it adds this form in there.  She just turned 18 this year in January.  She can't set up her CRA account until she files and mailing it would be so slow.  She has had income tax before that we were unable to file, is it an age thing?  She spoke with CRA to set it up, they said she can't until she files, try to file and it comes back with can't file for a number of reasons, none of which she has but then I look and the **bleep** farming income form is on there!  So frustrating

3 Replies

In order that we can assistance you better with this issue, please contact us by phone. To talk to our phone support team, visit https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/ . After entering some basic info about what you need help with, the page will give you the phone number for the team best suited to help.

This problem of 'farming income' pops up when I go back to try and file from 2016 - she had one T4, made less than $2000.00 and it won't get rid of the farming income!  So frustrating - I am trying to teach her how to do her income tax and how easy it is, and then this shows up!

Tried calling, was on hold for over an hour

Totally understand your frustration, follow directives provided below to delete this form. If the issue persists, as Susan mentioned above, your best option is to get on the phone with our support agents as they have can view your screen to help resolve the issue: