Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bootneck1

Foreign Pension Income

The box for the country of origin of foreign income gives 3 choices USA, Country2 or Country3.

I have a pension from UK..what do I put in this box?

8 Replies

Foreign Pension Income

You have to put UK in the country box. 

• You must enter income, pension, and any other amounts into TurboTax, even if your amounts aren’t reported on T-slips
  • If the amounts on your foreign income slip are reported in a foreign currency, convert them to Canadian dollars before entering them. If the amount was paid at various times throughout the year, use an average annual exchange rate

To report the foreign pension income please follow these steps below:

1. Select Find (or the magnifying glass icon) from the TurboTax menu
  2. In the Find window, type Foreign income and select Go
  3. Select Foreign income from the options that appear, then select Go
  4. When the Foreign Income Summary step appears, add the amount for other pension income and source of country and any other amount for the slip you'd like to claim.
  5. Repeat the steps above for each new slip and amount you need to enter
  6. Select Continue

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

bootneck1

Foreign Pension Income

No . I can find the foreign pension income, the problem is the Sorce Country box is a drop down box and only gives you three options..USA, Country#2 and Country#3..I can find no way to put UK in the Source Country Box...I have put "UK Pension" in the Name of Issuer box, but that says it is optional..Could you help further, thank you

bootneck

quartist

Foreign Pension Income

I have the seme question as bootneck1. Can someone answer the actual question asked. How do you rename country #2 to UK

bootneck1

Foreign Pension Income

Quartist! I gave up looking for help from Turbo Tax..Very disappointed at not being able to speak to anyone.  In the end I just put "UK OAP" in name of issuer, left Source Country Box as "Country#2" and filed... Net File accepted my return..I will wait to see how the CRA handle it

bootneck

Foreign Pension Income

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, then there is no way to enter the country other than putting it in the notes. The country name doesn't go on the T1 anyway. 

If you are claiming the Foreign Tax Credit for the income, you can enter the country there.

PEMMBB

Foreign Pension Income

I do not have a slip.   I do not know the UK amount, only the Canadian amount.   When I enter it into TurboTax my refund goes up.   I do not understand.

Foreign Pension Income

Without being able to see all the entries already in your return, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

jbmcc

Foreign Pension Income

Same problem here in Canada. I will just add the income in Canadian Dollars and the exchange rate for the UK pound and hope for the best. B