Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mherrbach

Form TP-80

I was  doing my spouses taxes and when I cam to the review it said I have on error with regards to the TP-80 form (Self Employment), which by the way I specifically said during the questions at the beginning that there was none, I have tried to fix it and have not been able to do so. When I look at the form it is from some Self Employment from a few years ago that seems to be there. How can I deleted this form from her tax return?

10 Replies

Form TP-80

Are you using TurboTax Online or TurboTax Desktop/Download?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

mherrbach

Form TP-80

I am using the downloaded version.

Form TP-80

Please make sure that you do the following steps for each form- First for the T2125 then the TP80 and then the Annex L. 

You will clear the form, then you will close the forms not used, and you will repeat those steps for each form above. 

If you only have the T2125- you will open it, clear it then close the form. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

mherrbach

Form TP-80

Hi. I did as you said and the forms do not clear and therefore I am unable to close the form. I even tried restarting the entire tax return. Gave the same result.  When I started over I noticed on the Data transferred from last year summary that they mention the form T2125 but I am unable to do anything about it on this page. They clearly state that to change any information to click continue and start preparing the 2023 return. I went through each step carefully and they never mentioned the T2125 anywhere else.  What do I do now?

Form TP-80

@mherrbach 

If you've entered an amount from any of the boxes on the slips listed here, you have what the CRA considers to be self-employment or business income:

• T4 slip: box 81, 82 or 83
  • T4A slip: box 20 or 48
  • T4A slip: box 28 and you answered Yes to the question Does the income declared in Box 028 consist of fees collected for services you provided? in TurboTax Online
  • T3 slip: box 24 (foreign business income)

If you have a slip with a self-employment amount, it will automatically generate a T2125, and the corresponding forms for Quebec.

lmcrmin

Form TP-80

Hello,

I have exactly same problem

lmcrmin

Form TP-80

My wife has  a foreign income (pension not self employment). It is reported as as a "Foreign Slip" and not as any T4 or T3 forms.

How I can clear the TP-80 error ?

Thank you

Form TP-80

Could you see if you have a Schedule L opened and close it? If you have already tried the steps from TurboTax Brenda above and cleared your cache, signed out of your return and restarted your computer, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Denis19

Form TP-80

A little more detail on the actual Steps to clear the form

1. Using forms open the offending form

2. Click on Menu Edit and go down to Form Line

3. And right arrow select - Clear Current Form

4. And then Menu Edit and go down to Form Line

5. And lastly Closed Unused Forms