Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Wrong year!

Hello, I am terrible at these things… I spent 4 hours filling out what I thought were my 2022 taxes and even paid for the extra double check, but at the end it said that it was my 2023 taxes and I can’t file until February! I thought I was doing 2022, is there anyway to transfer the data to the correct Year or must I start completely over and pay again? 
Also there was only one possible form on the site and I had no chance to choose the year… 

I already have such a phobia of taxes, is there anything that can be done?

3 Replies

Help! Wrong year!

Unfortunately there is no way to change the year on a return. If you want to prepare your 2022 taxes, you will have to start over and pay again. You can see what we have available for 2022 on our website here: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax/software/prior-year-taxes

If you want, we can refund you the cost of TurboTax Online 2023. Or you can keep and just correct the information so that you can use it to file your 2023 taxes. 

Help! Wrong year!

Ugh, ok thanks! Follow up question: do I need to worry about this completely incorrect 2023 return getting automatically filed or will it not do anything unless I send it again at the end of February?

Thanks🙏

Help! Wrong year!

TurboTax does not automatically file returns. Also, NETFILE for 2023 is not open until February 19th, so the return can't be filed yet anyway.