Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MGM1

How do I change amount on line 13000

10 Replies

If you are using our TurboTax CD/Download version, and you are in Easy Steps view, you will first click on Forms at the top right of the screen as per the image included below.

Once in the Forms view, you will click on the Forms icon at the top left as seen below, which will open the Form Lookup.

You will then choose CRA forms and follow the steps indicated below.

Once at the T1 General return, scroll down to Step 2 - Total Income then to line 13000.

You will now double click on the amount indicated and then again until you are brought to the area (information slip) where you can change the amount for line 13000.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

I don't have a CD on my laptop so purchased the online version ( for three years now) how do I make an entry onto line 13000?

That will depend on what you are claiming that goes to line 13000. (Other Income) If you can let us know we will gladly assist you.

I received a lump sum retirement  payment that was rolled into my RRSP, on my statement of renumeration  box 66 and 67 there is an amount that says i need to record them on line13000.

Thanks

Cliff

Which T-slips have you received? 

As per the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Lump-sum payments

Report lump-sum payments from a pension or a deferred profit sharing plan (DPSP) that you received when you left a plan.

If you received a lump-sum payment in 2023 that included amounts that you earned in previous years, you have to report the whole payment on line 13000 of your 2023 return.

Generally, these amounts are reported on line 13000 of your return; however, if you are reporting a lump-sum payment from a specified pension plan (SPP) or a money purchase registered pension plan, see the retirement income summary table to find out how to report these amounts.

Retroactive lump-sum payments

If you received a lump-sum payment of eligible income in 2023, parts of which were for previous years after 1977, you must report the whole payment on the appropriate line of your 2023 return. These amounts are shown on a completed Form T1198, Statement of Qualifying Retroactive Lump-Sum Payment, provided by the payer.

You can ask the CRA to tax the parts from previous years as if you received them in those years. The CRA can apply this calculation to the parts that relate to years that you were resident in Canada if the total of those parts is $3,000 or more (not including interest) and the result of the calculation is better for you. The CRA will tell you the result on your notice of assessment or reassessment.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

But I'm not using the download version, I bought the online version and it won't let me access the "Forms" 

I received a T4 from my previous employer with entries in boxes 66 and 67 and the T4 states these entries need to be entered into box 13000. I purchased the "Online Version" which doesn't allow me to use the "Forms" like you can on the "Download Version".

@Cliffsrsss 

How to Enter Line 13000 - Other Income in TurboTax Online:

1. In the upper-right corner of your screen, select “Find”.

2. In the Find window, type in “Other Income”, select “Other Income Sources” from the list and click “Go”.

3. Enter your amount with a description in the second line. (Ignore the AgriInvest line).

4. Click the “Continue” button to save.

This worked Thank you