Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to RESET the REVIEW Wizard to restart the verification of my taxes.

7 Replies

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

I am using the downloaded Standard version 

You can restart the Wizard in EasyStep Mode by selecting Review > Tips Warnings and Errors from the bottom of the left side menu.

You can restart the Wizard in forms mode by selecting Tools> Review from the top menu.

thank you, but that just starts the review again but does not reset it. I answered IGNORE to something by mistake so it does not show anymore. The worst is I dont remeber what it was asking me for (topic)

If you were able to say IGNORE then it was only a suggestion that may have had nothing to do with your situation. The Review Wizard can only be restarted but if there is no longer any issues it will not go back to it.

If it is a Warning and not an Error, then it can be ignored and skipped. The Warning alert does not automatically mean something was done or entered incorrectly. It can be triggered if a high amount of certain credits or deductions are being claimed. Click on Review to verify that the right amount has been entered by clicking on "Applies to me". Once reviewed you can click "Done with warnings" and return to your review. 

Warnings are there just to ensure that if the situation applies to you, you can go back and make any necessary modifications.
Errors, on the other hand, will prevent you from filing because something in your return is incorrect and the return will not be accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I would like to know this too. Essentially, I'd like to ensure I go through each step of the Wizard again, and have to redo/see those that I marked as ignore.

@danfou555 Unfortunately, one you've clicked "Ignore" on a warning, the program does exactly that - it Ignores the item even if the review is run again.