Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myasofia

I am ready to netfile my return but I am getting an error message that there is an error in the script. I cannot file. How can i fix this ?

How can I call TurboTax for help ?
10 Replies

I am ready to netfile my return but I am getting an error message that there is an error in the script. I cannot file. How can i fix this ?

If you are filing a couples return, please file the one with less income first. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I had the same thing happen. I was unable to click the agree to terms and netfile. I clicked on the answer 'No', in the box that popped up, until the error message disappeared and at that point was able to click on the agree to terms and netfile. The return when through and I received a confirmation number. A bit of a nuisance but it worked. Hopefully they will fix the software with an update.

It even happens for a single person. The error message is "unable to read the script". Must be a software issue.

@KH1408 Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

I'm using Turbo Tax Standard download.  My computer does not have a place for a CD. I've done three tax returns and it happened for all three of them, one single person and one couple.  Once I clicked on 'no' (several times) for a response to the pop up box saying that there was an error as it could not read the script, I was able to click on the "agree and net file". Until that box clears you can't click on "agree and net file". 

I forgot to mention that once I clicked on the "agree and netfile" I did receive a confirmation that the returns were filed. I went into 'My Account' to confirm and there were express notice of assessments showing on the three accounts.

I have been trying all day to file with the CRA and is not working, filing with revenue Quebec worked fine. error.JPG

@kenn9 Please try click Yes a few times until the Netfile Terms page loads.

The errors are now fixed and was able to transmit to the CRA.  Thank you