Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have noticed that I'm only getting $8.51 in my tax return. I had two jobs with multiple T4s and the one job changed owners. What am I doing wrong?

I have made about $46-$50,000 in 2023. My main income was 45,325.00. I had a second job with a T4 up until Dec.23 the income was $7077.23. In Dec. my second job changed owners and my income until the end of the year was $461.66. I am really having a hard time figuring out why I am only getting $8.51 in my return. Please help me thank you!!
5 Replies

I have noticed that I'm only getting $8.51 in my tax return. I had two jobs with multiple T4s and the one job changed owners. What am I doing wrong?

If you are getting less of a refund this year then you did last year, then you can compare your 2023 return with your 2022 return to see what has changed.

Last year my return was $1,196 and now it is $8?? Last year I had two jobs as well, the only thing that changed this year is it was a different job. How is this possible??

You may have forgotten a credit: medical, donations, rent, etc... Your new employer may not have withdrawn enough taxes, CPP, etc... Please see last year's return and compare line for line what may have been missed. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

If my employer did not withdraw enough taxes would I have to refile? Since I wasn't taxed as much throughout the year would this small return match with what I would have received on a normal return if they took off enough taxes? I just don't want to be losing money that I should be receiving, thank you.

If you feel you may have made a mistake and need more help, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.