Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If my employer doesn't have the GST rebate do I fill my employment expenses into the zero-rated fields or the GST taxable fields?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If my employer doesn't have the GST rebate do I fill my employment expenses into the zero-rated fields or the GST taxable fields?

No, you would still enter your expenses based on what sales tax you paid. So if you paid GST, put the expense in the GST column.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

No, you would still enter your expenses based on what sales tax you paid. So if you paid GST, put the expense in the GST column.

To confirm, I put the full bill amount in the GST taxable column? Or is it only the portion of the bill before GST? 

You will put the full amount including the GST in the GST taxable column because you paid the GST on that expense.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.