Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instalment Payment - Summary Does Not Match Data Entry

I am using TurboTax Online

On the page where I enter tax instalments paid for last year, I entered the amount.

However, when I review my Summary details near the end of the process, the "Tax paid by installments" is double the amount that I entered. As a test, I returned to the original question and changed my answer to ZERO.

Now, on the Summary details, it shows the CORRECT amount for "Tax paid by installments". It's almost as if the software already knows about my installment payments but this does not appear anywhere on my CRA Auto-Import details.

I'm not sure now best to proceed.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The CRA's Auto-Fill does bring in Instalment amounts. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

If your instalments are being applied to your tax return, then you will see them on Line 47600 - Tax paid by instalments in the Detailed Tax Summary, and on the T1 in the pdf of your return.

Thanks for the quick suggestion Susan. Line 47600 definitely now shows the correct value for "Tax paid by instalments". Since I have confirmed that I now have "0" in the data entry field for this, might you be able to comment on where TurboTax is getting this correct amount?

It is not on any T-slips or anything that I can see in the CRA Auto-Import details.

The CRA's Auto-Fill does bring in Instalment amounts. 

Thank you for finding that and letting me know Susan!

If you have any influence with the TurboxTax developers, I would suggest the entry form where it asks if you made Instalments should be clarified to say that you do not need to manually enter these if you are using the CRA Auto-Import feature. Short of the link you provided, I couldn't find any indication from CRA or from TurboTax that this info came in during the AutoImport (unless I possibly missed it when the other 27 T-slips came in.

Thank you again.

You are welcome and thank you for the feedback as we do appreciate it. Unfortunately, all information about the Auto-fill is directly from the CRA as it is their program, therefore, we have no influence over it.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.