Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregwb

Is anyone else getting errors entering transit pass deductions for ontario

Hi.  I was able to enter my transit pass amounts -pre June 30th and post.  However, they give rise to an error and although I have taxable income there is no transit pass deduction.  Is this a bug or is there something I could be doing wrong -I have used the product for years.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The transit pass - was definitely an issue which is being fixed- the update is scheduled for January, 31st, 2017. Please try again and let us know if you were successful in entering your buss passes.

You will need to log out of TurboTax and log back in so that your TurboTax software is updated then you can continue your return.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

What error message do you get?
gregwb

The message comes with with an X in a red circle and says "An internal error has occurred.  Please save your file and restart TurboTax.  If the problem persists, please contact Technical Support.  Error Code TT604."

Can you please try again and let us know if its working for you now?
gregwb

Hi Brenda.  The problem persist even though I have uninstalled and re-installed Turbo Tax Deluxe.  I believe the issue is related to Transit passes but the error occurs just after I enter and save charitable donations and before I enter transit pass information.  So maybe it is to do with charitable donations.  In any event, there is an error but the error code is not helpful.  Also, I cannot print the full return, I can only print by schedules.  So there is something. Unfortunately, your support hours are only during the week and during the day and I am tied up so I have not been able to call.  Any suggestions on how to expedite a solution would be appreciated.

The transit pass - was definitely an issue which is being fixed- the update is scheduled for January, 31st, 2017. Please try again and let us know if you were successful in entering your buss passes.

You will need to log out of TurboTax and log back in so that your TurboTax software is updated then you can continue your return.

gregwb

Hi - I will definitely try again.  I assume that the issue will result in an update which will need to be loaded.  So far I have not had any updates.  Can you confirm and I will try again once I load the update.  Thanks

If you are able to save your progress using the File-Save option, save the return first. Then close your program and restart. Be sure to perform any updates before resuming your return.

If you are unable to save your progress or if the issue persists, please call our support team by clicking the following link. Once you have completed the required information, the phone number to the appropriate agent and an incident ID will appear.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/   

Great news!! You can now save your return- then log out of TurboTax and sign back in to allow for the update to take place and you will have no issues with entering your Public transit passes.

taxnano

The rules for transit has changed for 2017.  You can only claim deductions for the amounts pre June 2017. You should perhaps remove the post June 2017 and this may remove the error.