Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zasha

Link not working

Turbo Tax will not let me enter anything for Social Security benefits.  Every time I say YES to the question asking if I have SS benefits, it just kicks me back to the Income Screen.  All other links working.  Have even logged out and logged in using a different browser.  Anyone else having this problem?  Any suggestions as to how to enter the information in a roundabout way?

1 Reply

Link not working

Entering any foreign amounts into TurboTax varies, depending on the version of the software you are using. Before you begin, there are a couple of general things to keep in mind:

• You must submit income, pension, and any other amounts in TurboTax, even if your amounts aren’t reported on T-slips.
  • If the amounts on your foreign income slip are reported in a foreign currency, convert them to Canadian dollars before you enter them. If the amount was paid at various times throughout the year, use an average annual exchange rate.
  • For foreign non-business income that is not on a T-slip (including US social security), do not convert the amounts to Canadian dollars before you enter them. TurboTax converts the amounts automatically based on the exchange rate you enter.

If you are still having issues please contact our customer service.