Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost license code

I do not have my activation or license code for Turbo tax 2021 which I purchased directly from Turbo Tax.  I am talking abour the Canadian version

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Lost license code

Please check your private messages.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Lost license code

Please check your private messages.

Lost license code

How do I find personal nessages.  I'm logged in

Lost license code

When you are in the forum you should see a little bell in the top right. Click on it and it will show if you got any private messages.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

mapurves

Lost license code

I lost my license code for TurboTax basic which I purchased from CostCo. I called [phone number removed] but this got me just going in a circle by giving me some topics which then told me to call [phone number removed]. Do I need to buy a new CD or is there a way my CD can be activated with a one time code?

Lost license code

Unfortunately, because the software was bought at a retail store, we do not have your license code on file and are unable to help with this matter.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

terpaul
Returning Member

Lost license code

Why did that take so long to give a response?

I finally found a link to post the question on your Facebook page and the answer the same day! It’s in the SW. Problem solved!

terpaul
Returning Member

Lost license code

If you can open to the initial page TurboTax click on ’view’ on the top left of the page then click summary. On summary page click on ‘details’ which will show your license code. It worked for me 

Lost license code

Unfortunately, your original question did not come to us. We are happy you found your answer.

Lost license code

Thank you for this update and information. We have reviewed this and found some differences in our return which we will be able to share in the future.

If you can open your initial page in your TurboTax Desktop/Download return, please click on View at the top left corner. Now click on Summary then click on Return Counter Summary. You are now in the Return Summary Viewer where you will now click on Details to view your license code.