Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous customer with tax package purchased from Costco. Cannot find website turbotax.ca/activate or area when logged in to enter activation code.

1 Reply

Previous customer with tax package purchased from Costco. Cannot find website turbotax.ca/activate or area when logged in to enter activation code.

First, please make sure that you have purchased the right product. The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa. If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. When entering your code, make sure to enter the hyphens after every 4th number. If this doesn't work, try clearing your cache, logging out of your return then your computer to see if all is well.

When you purchase TurboTax Online, all you need to do is sign in to your account (or create a new one) to activate your prepayment code. Here’s how to do it:

1. Go to turbotax.ca/activate and you'll see the Welcome to TurboTax screen
  2. Select I have an account to sign in to your Intuit account (this is the same account you’d use for TurboTax Online, Mint, and QuickBooks) or Create an account to create a new account
  3. Sign in to your account with your user ID and password
  4. Once you've signed in to your account, review and activate your purchase by entering your 16-digit activation code and selecting Continue
  5. Selecting Start my taxes will take you to the TurboTax Introduction screen. You're now ready to start your tax return

You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code?

If you have bought TurboTax CD/Download, you will be asked for the licence code when you install the software. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on the licence code: Where is my TurboTax licence code? 

If you are unable to use your code, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.