Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muppet32

Problems with accessing my return

I'm not sure what's happening but every time I open my return, I have been redirected to the US Turbotax page. Keep in mind that I'm a Canadian citizen filing my tax returns in Canada. Was wondering if this is just a glitch or something.

7 Replies
Mtebbutt

Ok this is happening to me too! 

SKhabs11

I am having the exact same error! and I can't exit the popup to choose options for the return, even though I can see the option in the left to return to the old version of TurboTax Online. I am hoping they fix this ASAP, otherwise I will need to manually type the personal information into the desktop program...

Mtebbutt

I called turbo. It is a Canada wide error that they said with hopefully be fixed by morning. 🙂 

Amwoj

Yes! My wife and I were following the steps. After my data was transferred over from my CRA, we got our first dollar figure on the top right corner of the home screen. When we clicked on continue it took us to this US turbo tax page (see image below). We know it's US based because it offers translation to Spanish. At the time, we just clicked on Let's Go, and then realized it was giving us turbo tax package options which were more expensive than the standard $60 we signed up for when we first started the process. Anyhow, we panicked and signed out. Upon signing back in, every time we click on 'Continue' with our return, it brings us to this same page. We also noticed that our return $ figure is back to $0.  turbotax error.PNG

@muppet32 @Mtebbutt @SKhabs11 @Amwoj This issue has now been corrected. Please clear your cache, sign out of your return and restart your computer. All should be fine now.

Thank you for your patience and for choosing TurboTax.

Amwoj

Thank you for helping us out. We followed your instructions, the glitch is gone, and we've been able to continue with our return. However, what we've noticed is that all of our personal information disappeared for both my husband and I and we've had to go back in and input all of that information (dependents, address, etc.) Why did this happen? 

You are welcome. Unfortunately, the TurboTax IT team has not informed us of the reason, they only informed us that the issue was resolved.

Thank you for your patience and for choosing TurboTax.