Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Registration Error

thanks for letting me know.

Laiyee8
Returning Member

Hi, does not being able to register affect one's ability to NetFile? Thanks

thepugs

Yes it does.  I'm on the phone with their Support People now trying to register manually.  It took about 45 minutes in total.  15 minutes hold and 30 minutes to show the person via remote connection software what was happening and get the software registered manually.

@Laiyee8 Registration is completely optional, and it is not necessary to register your copy of TurboTax to be able to use it. You can still complete and submit your tax returns to the CRA (by NETFILE or by mail), without ever registering your TurboTax CD/download edition.

@thepugs I'm not sure of the details of your issue, but registration is NOT required to use TurboTax CD/Download or to NETFILE. You may be confusing registration with activation. You do need to activate TurboTax CD/Download to use it.

Laiyee8
Returning Member

Hi @TurboTaxSusan, thank you for your insight. The pop up that asks you to register the product when you open Turbo Tax states that you need to register in order to be able to access Netfile. So, is this not the case? I can still Netfile without successfully registering the product?

Laiyee8
Returning Member

Hi @thepugs , once you got your product registered manually, do you still get the pop up asking you to register your product when you open TurboTax? Thanks

@Laiyee8 I think the wording on the registration pop-up is left over from a time when you did have to register to be able to get updates. However, this hasn't been the case for several years now. You'll be able to get automatic updates even if you don't register. This includes the update that enables NETFILE when the CRA starts accepting returns.

sherifk2
Returning Member

I purchased Turbo Tax 2019 but it fails to register.

It says "unforeseen error"/"Try later".

What should we do?

And will it affect retrieving the information from previous years and the transmitting to the CRA?

I have the same issue. Any resolution yet?

Is there someone from Intuit working on this problem ??????

Whenever you open the software you have the pop-up to register !!!!

Please fix your software

Thanks