Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotional Offer, Legitimacy

I received a 20% off promotional offer for TurboTax 2023 from address ending with @EM3.turbotax.intuit.ca. Can you confirm the legitimacy of this offer and the sender? I have not clicked on any of the links within the e-mail for fear it may be a phishing attempt.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@PineConeSix  EM3.turbotax is a subdomain of the intuit.ca domain.

@dennis-wintjes Are you having problems downloading the software or is the discount not working for you?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Yes, the email is legitimate. Intuit is the company that makes TurboTax software.

I'm aware Intuit makes TT. It's the "EM3" preface of the address that's the cause for my concern. That part looks unusual.

I received the same email.  Save yourself trouble.  I sent an hour+ on this and still can't download the CD with the discounted price.  There site is screwed up.  Also when you go into the downloads section 2022 is the current year. 

@PineConeSix  EM3.turbotax is a subdomain of the intuit.ca domain.

@dennis-wintjes Are you having problems downloading the software or is the discount not working for you?

Yesterday, it was the correct price but I was unable to complete the purchase.  I added to the cart and then the next page never loaded.  Today, the price is wrong, so I have not added it to my cart.  Everything expects you to be an online user.  I don't trust my information online.

Still occurring for me.  I add it to my cart and go to check out and the next page (https://accounts.intuit.ca/index.html?offering_id=intuit.tax.ctg.canada.turbotaxonline&locale=en-ca&...)  never loads.  I.e. I can't check out.  I have two days left before the offer expires.

@dennis-wintjes Please purchase the software, and we refund you the 20%.