Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quebec medical expenses

Amounts entered in the Medical expenses profile do not appear in the Quebec allowable medical expenses line in summary, nor does amount entered as "Medical expenses deductible only in Québec". How do I enter an amount for Quebec allowable medical expenses?

14 Replies

Quebec medical expenses

On the Medical Expenses profile, please make sure that you have checked off "You have medical expenses that are deductible on your Québec return but not your federal return, or vice versa". 

Quebec medical expenses

But the medical expenses ARE deductible on the federal return.

Quebec medical expenses

Where can we find that option on TurboTax Standard 2023, the windows application version ( not online )

Quebec medical expenses

Please see our TurboTax FAQ and scroll down to follow the steps for the our TurboTax Download: How do I claim medical expenses?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Quebec medical expenses

To clarify, I need to enter medical expenses that are eligible in Quebec but not at the Federal level in the downloaded version of TurboTax.

For exemple, Osteopaths are allowed in Quebec, as they are in the list of practitioners in Revenu Quebec IN-130-V, but they aren't allowed as a medical expense with the CRA.

Quebec medical expenses

Here is information as per the Quebec Revenu: MEDICAL EXPENSES. You would now use your schedule K to enter your expenses. If you need further guidance, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help you. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Quebec medical expenses

I contacted telephone support.  He spent half an hour trying to get an amount to appear in "allowable medical expenses" on the Quebec return, and finally gave up, apologising for being unable to solve the problem.

Quebec medical expenses

I contacted support and the resolution seems to be filing a CRA report, then adding the provincial only medical expenses then filing with RQ.

The support rep gave me a link to this thread (in french)

https://turboimpot.community.intuit.ca/community/commencer/discussion/bonjour-comment-fait-on-pour-a...

I do not believe that the last post from TurboImpotLiseD is a 100% correct solution as there are eligibility conditions for the "refundable tax credit for medical expenses."

Quebec medical expenses

Suppose you have medical expenses that are only claimable in Quebec, you should enter your other medical expenses that are covered by the federal government and file your federal tax return. After that, you can add the expenses that are only covered by Quebec and file your Quebec tax return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.