Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pancan
Returning Member

Quebec prescription drug insurance plan premium

The Quebec prescription drug insurance plan premium amount (maximum $720.5) is  transferring to the Federal medical expenses worksheet but not to the Quebec medical expenses worksheet. As such, the 20% tax credit for that amount is not included in line 389 of the Quebec provincial return.

Is this a glitch in the software or am I missing something?

11 Replies

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. 

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Pancan
Returning Member

I did contact your support team yesterday and they took control of my screen, but they could not help me - I was on the phone (and the screen) with one of your experts for one hour to no avail. 

Could one of your experts investigate this issue and get back to me? Is it a glitch in the software? Thanks for your help.

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

Pancan
Returning Member

I downloaded from a TurboTax CD I purchased from staples.

@Pancan There is a problem on Schedule K that is causing this issue. The product development team is working on it, and they hope to have an update with a fix out by the end of the week.

Pancan
Returning Member

I noticed that an update was made to TurboTax this morning but the glitch with schedule K was not resolved. The Quebec prescription drug insurance plan premium is still not transferring to the provincial medical expenses worksheet. Could you provide an update on the resolution of this issue?

We are verfying the update and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

For Québec it is carrryforward and deducted the next year.

Pancan
Returning Member

I am not sure I understand your answer. The premium for the Quebec prescription drug insurance plan that is calculated in schedule K must be transferred to the Quebec medical expenses worksheet (page 2 of 2 of QMEDICAL) of schedule B. It is correctly transferring to the Federal worksheet but not the Quebec worksheet. There is no carryover to the next year.