Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaiWai62
Returning Member

Quebec Schedule T line 46 has to be overridden

I use the desktop version of Turbotax.

Short form of question: where is the value of line 46 of Quebec Schedule T set?  It is in green which means it is calculated or set somewhere else, but I cannot find where it is set.  As a result in order to use the 8% tax credit on tuition carried over from previous years (as calculated in Line 45 of Schedule T), I need to override line 46 of Schedule T and set it to the value of Line 45, which is probably not the way it should be done...  Any suggestions?

Long form question: I have an unused portion of tuition fees that is carried over from a previous year.  I have this carry over only at the provincial (Qc) level, not at the federal level.  Line 45 of Schedule T calculates the maximum available credit using the applicable 8% rate.  In principle, I should be able to set a value for Line 46 at anywhere between zero and the amount calculated on Line 45, but right now, line 46 is in green and set to zero.  I want to set it to Line 45 in order to fully use the residual carryover credit.  Can this be done without overriding Line 46?

3 Replies

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line. If you do not get resolution for this, please ask for an escalation for an investigation to be done.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

TaiWai62
Returning Member

In response to TurboTax Ginette,

1) Thanks for the quick reply

2) Per your suggestion, I followed the link you provided and tried calling and asking to speak to a representative but the automated system refused to connect me without a case number.  Instead, it sent me a rather generic email linking to a bunch of irrelevant articles...

3) All I really want to know is where the value of Line 46 in Schedule T is set.  Worst case, overriding line 46 works but I am concerned it may affect Netfiling, hence my desire to find out how to properly set the value.

Merci!

When the message asks if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" and HOLD the line. This will get you someone to help you find the line you need and help you with this issue as they can see your return/screen in order to do so.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.