Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Spouse information on 2023 Personal Information - Worksheet (INFOWS)

Hello, 

I have a question about the 2023 Personal information Worksheet (INFOWS on the TurboTax Desktop Program). Specifically I have a question regarding the spouse related fields. On the software, TurboTax is asking for line 73 of Spouse's 2023 Federal Return. This field is just the multiplication of Line 71 and 72 and is not the total Federal tax on taxable income (line 75) 

I see in last years software, the information worksheet was also asking for line 73 but  on the 2022 Federal return, Line 73 was the total Federal tax on taxable income value

Basically what I am asking is if there is a typo on the 2023 software and whether I should be putting in the value of line 75 (total Federal tax on taxable income) rather than  line 73. 

I would appreciate any help on this

11 Replies

Question regarding Spouse information on 2023 Personal Information - Worksheet (INFOWS)

Hello @TurboTaxSusan / @TurboTaxBrenda 

Would you mind please taking a look at this question?

Thank you for making us aware of this- we will have this investigated and come back with the answer. 

Thank you for your patience & for choosing TurboTax.

The fix for this should be out with our next update- Thank you for your feedback.

Hello @TurboTaxBrenda 

Thank you! Is there a timeline for when this update will be sent out? I will be unable to file after 4 or so days for personal scheduling reasons . If the update is planned to come out after than that then can you tell me what value I should put in? (line 73 vs 75)

You will enter the value as usual regardless of the line numbers as they will be updated.

Hello @TurboTaxBrenda 

Just to confirm. By value you mean the total Federal tax on taxable income correct?

Yes, that is correct. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

ggags

Has the update for this glitch been released?

Unfortunately not yet. You are to enter the amount of federal tax payable by the spouse which is line 76 regardless of the numbers 71-72-73 etc... in the software.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.