Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TAW1766

Questions turbo tax deluxe 2022 online (cloud) version

I'm preparing my income tax using the turbo tax deluxe 2022 online (cloud) version and have the following questions:

1) Where do I report the outlays & expenses of disposing my principle residence?  It seems that there is not a box to report this item when I report the adjusted cost base and proceeds of disposal.

2) It seems that I cannot report the address of the real estate I disposed in the capital gain (not my principle residence). When I put the address in the box, there was an error message after I clicked done, saying " address is not required". I had to put  the address in the box "corporation name..." otherwise the address would not be shown in Schedule 3. How can I fix this?

3) I had some capital loss reported in T5008. Schedule 3 (line 4) of my return shows " see supplementary statement on page 4" but the page 4 attached shows no details. But I provided the details when filling out the T5008.  How can I fix this?

4) There is always an error saying that I have not completed form T2038. I'm unable to fix this error following the steps as non of the steps seem to be applicable to my situation,. However, I did provide the information box 186 of T5013 and the draft return also shows that T2038 is completed. How can I fix this?

Thx

6 Replies
Fayl
Level 1

I have the same issue with nothing on Schedule 3 page 4.  The amounts in Columns 2 and 3 for my T5008 slips do not match my backup (ie. T5008 total - out by quite a lot).  A turbotax expert could not help me. The amount in Column 5 was close to correct but not exact.

TAW1766

I chatted with a Turbo tax support staff on the phone for over 15 min. She could not resolve my issues. She just asked me  to sign out turbo tax, close all browsers, delete all cache and sign back in Turbo tax and said the issues might go away.  I did that accordingly and the issues remained.

Seems like there are bugs in the software.

I reported this in the survey from Turbo Tax. Hope they read my comments.

Thank you for your feedback- I will send this to the appropriate team to verify and I will update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience in this matter. 

Can you please confirm that you were able to successfully file your return and that the amount were transferred appropriately?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Fayl
Level 1

Yes, I was able to file my return and the refund received agreed to the Turbo Tax calculation.  I think CRA could still dispute the capital gains calculated by Turbo Tax.

TAW1766

Yes. I was able to file my return and received my refund.

Thx