Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MandyLee

Can not file my tax return online

I have completed my tax return for FY2023 and tried twice to submit my tax return by NETFILE, but failed, the error message stated that the CRA was unable to accept my return as my NETFILE access cod did not match their records. The access code is unique and I am sure that I input the correct asscess code.

Could you please help me fix the issue? 

Thanks!

Mandy

2 Replies

Hi there, thank you for your question. It seems like this error is caused as the NETFILE access code you entered does not match with what the CRA has in their records. 

Please verify your code and try to submit again. Your eight-character Access code is made up of numbers and letters and is located on the right side of your Notice of Assessment for a previous tax year. Please note that NETFILE access code is not mandatory so, although not recommended, you can always submit without the code. Please refer to the below CRA link for more information. 

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/netfile-overview....

mohammedali
Returning Member

Hi Mandy, 

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

Please ensure you are using the NETFILE code found on your Notice of Assessment. This can be found either on your paper Notice of Assessment (NOA) top right corner under the “Notice Details” section (see image below) or online in your CRA “MyAccount” next to “Access Code”. This code is unique to each individual. 

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 10.38.50 AM.png
If you cannot locate your NETFILE Access Code (NAC) on the paper copy of your NOA or online in your “My Account”, you can call the CRA, and answer a few authentication questions before they provide you with the information requested.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, please call us at 1-888-829-8608.

Hoping this information helps! 
Mohammed