Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marianapopa
Returning Member

canada caregiver amount

I am claiming both my parents as infirm dependents, but on Schedule 5, only one is listed on  page5 on "information about your dependents" , but on line 30450 the amount is calculated for both of them.

How can I list both of them on S5?

Thank you,

2 Replies

canada caregiver amount

Please double-check the top of the second page of the Canada Caregiver section to see if your second parent is there. It's easy to miss that part.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 20-54-13 Medi-Car-archive-cra-21.pdf.png

canada caregiver amount

When you start a new return, TurboTax will ask Do you have children or financially support another person? in the Intro section of your return.

Info about your dependants (like their birth date, their relationship to you, and their income) is used to determine your eligibility for certain credits and deductions, so be sure to enter this info accurately.

To jump back to this step in your TurboTax return:

1. Select Find from the menu
  2. In the Find window, enter dependants and select Go
  3. Answer Yes to the question Do you have children or financially support another person?
  4. Complete the Tell us about your dependant(s) section
  5. Select Continue

Important: You can't claim your spouse or common-law partner as a dependant, even if they have no income.

For more information, please check out the TurboTax FAQ: Everything You Need to Know About the Canada Caregiver Credit (CCC)

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.