Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from Online Cloud Solution to Desktop

I purchased the Online cloud Solution of your Standard Online Edition at Costco, without realizing it was Cloud based (I know I should have read more closely), I thought it was indicating that I would download the application and then install it on my desktop.  I would prefer to have the software installed on my PC, like I've been doing since 2004.

I have not put in the Activation Code yet.

Thank you.

3 Replies

You can request a refund for the product that you don't want, and then purchase the one that you would prefer. The form on this page will allow you to request a refund: How do I get a refund for a TurboTax product?

You can buy TurboTax CD/Download from us here: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax/software/personal/download

Todd99
Returning Member

I made the same mistake and purchased the online version, not paying enough attention, thinking it meant you downloaded the version rather than a CD.  I have not used the activation code, and would like to try and convert it to a desktop version.  

The link in the original response doesn't seem to be working.

Todd

To request a refund, please follow our TurboTax link: How do I get a refund for a TurboTax product?

Here is the link for our 2022 TurboTax CD/Download.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.