Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA Result Code: 35-A

I'm having this exact same problem tonight, gave up and try again tomorrow. I do note however that this year in logging in from home in BC, turbotax thinks I'm in US and I have to note I'll still use Canada site, what's with that!? 

No sorry no charitable donations.

Are you using TurboTax Online or TurboTax CD/Download?

yauyeung
Returning Member

I am using the online version and getting this same error. Previous year I was using the CD/Download and it was working.

CRA error code 35-A shows that you have either entered incorrect information not matching what the CRA has or that you missed entering information that is necessary in order to process your return. Can you please start from the begining of your return and verify that all information had been filled in correctly. If the issue persists we will want to do a callback so that someone can view your return to see where the issue is.

*make sure that you do not have any commas, hyphens or such in the address section of your income tax return and that your postal code was entered correctly.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

yauyeung
Returning Member

It transfer all my mailing address and information from previous year from my turbo tax CD/Download.  I have been using CD/download for serval year and without any problems. This is my first year using the online version.  I am trying to avoid mailing my tax return.

Contact the CRA to see what they have on file for you and make sure there is nothing different. Or sign into your CRA My Account. It can be something as simple as a capital letter. 

yauyeung
Returning Member

I did that already and login to my CRA account.  My name and address are the same :(

Please try clearing your cache/cookies, signing out of your return then restarting your computer. Sometimes certain information is caught up in the background and causes problems.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

yauyeung
Returning Member

I did that and I even spoke to CRA.  My address is correct and clear the cache.  The foreign mailing address is not on the return.  It is on the Turbo tax side.  I think you need to fix that.    I will not use turbo tax again if this is not fixed