Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jha0327

CRA Result Code: 35-A

Found it, and tried again. But the same problem(same error code 35-A has happened)

My address was on file at CRA yes, all properly. I did my taxes on another company's app, immediate success after switching. Turbotax needs a fix, its not the clients

@TurboTaxBrenda  

Thank you! I spoke with a very helpful agent. 

Here's what we did to Netfile successfully:

1. Go to My Info

2. Contact Information

3. Choose Yes for question - is your mailing address outside of Canada?

4. Choose No for question - does the CRA have your address on file? (both people if filing together), leave it as No

5. Switch back to No for question - is your mailing address outside of Canada?

6. You'll have to pick your province again.

7. Check your postal code because mine liked no spaces. There needs to be a space in the middle of the 6 alpha/digits. As @TurboTaxBrenda has posted, the system is VERY sensitive to these types of errors.

8. Go to Filing Hub

9. Start the Netfile

10. Delete the access code because it's optional (not sure if this helped but it was one of the steps my lovely rep did).

11. Continue to follow the prompts for Netfile

I can't say for sure that this will work for everyone but I hope it helps some people!

Thank you for confirming that you were able to file successfully 🙂 

I ran into this very issue and after reading the numerous comments about how there seems to be a "glitch" I wondered if I started over from scratch if that would resolve the glitch.

I have used TurboTax for the last 12+ years and each year I login and start my new return using my information from last year. With this error, I thought I would try to enter all my information as if I had never used TurboTax before and low and behold, IT WORKED! I could not say why. All my answers were the same as every other year, but when I clicked NETFILE, it went through. It did however cost me another fee as since there is no where to indicated that I had already paid for it, but it's a small price to pay rather than mailing it in and waiting to it to be processed or worse get lost. 

This is a huge pain in the butt especially considering that is the nice feature about using the same software from year to year. Definitely a glitch in the system and I believe it to be on the TurboTax side, not the CRA.  

I would be interested to know if others have success in using this method for this issue. 

We apologize for the inconvenience and yes, we have had some customers in which the above worked for them. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Joebruce

Make the corrections and try again

Please try these steps that worked for a previous client:

Here's what we did to Netfile successfully:

1. Go to My Info

2. Contact Information

3. Choose Yes for question - is your mailing address outside of Canada?

4. Choose No for question - does the CRA have your address on file? (both people if filing together), leave it as No

5. Switch back to No for question - is your mailing address outside of Canada?

6. You'll have to pick your province again.

7. Check your postal code because mine liked no spaces. There needs to be a space in the middle of the 6 alpha/digits. The system is VERY sensitive to these types of errors.

8. Go to Filing Hub

9. Start the Netfile

10. Delete the access code because it's optional

11. Continue to follow the prompts for Netfile

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.